To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

monthly comp

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
jpk
Dumbledore

monthly comp

Post by jpk »

I'm thinking about setting up a monthly competition based on DT games, players and scoring

Simply put, you can enter as many teams as you want every month paid or not, only paid teams can win a prize which would be based on number of paid entrants
e.g. 1st 70%, 2nd 20%, 3rd 10% of pot
You can make 3 transfers at any time but lockouts would apply as in the main game
Each month would be an entirely new competition and you could join in/skip/quit at any time over the season

I'll probably set up a website to handle entry and transfers and automate it as much as possible, August will be free entry only so i can iron out any bugs and get all the features done. You'd register on that website and full results would be available there, it would probably be PayPal only to simplify that aspect

Full rules yet to be thought through e.g. entry cost, monthly cut off dates, tie breakers, limits on entry, viewing other teams, seeing others transfers etc

but I'm happy to take advice/suggestions on all fronts to make it as straightforward as possible

Edit - confirmed rules
Summary of the rules
you enter teams on my website
http://dtmon.azurewebsites.net
You need to register an account before you play, please remember your login and password
There is a new competition every month

Budget=50m, player prices are not variable, they are fixed at DT season start prices
Teams are not public, no-one else can see your lineups
4-3-3 formation only
Scoring is based upon whatever DT decide and will be updated every few days on the website and posted here occasionally
You enter separate teams for each month, old teams do not count in later months.
Scoring fixtures are based on calendar months e.g. Sep 1st -30th inclusive, normal season gameweeks can and will overlap with these dates.
You can make unlimited transfers up to the start of the month, after that you have three transfers which can be made at any time over the course of the month and take effect on the next day's kickoff or later that day if done before first kickoff. e.g. you can make transfers up to the start of the days first kickoff and you will get points for any players you have transferred in. if you make a transfer after first kickoff it will not take effect until the next day

All entries/transfers etc are made via the website
You can enter a team at any time, when you create a team it will ask you for what month it is for, select 1 for August, 2 for September etc
You can enter after the month starts, but only get points for matches played after you enter

you can play for free or compete for the monthly pot, all teams go in the same league but only paid teams can win prizes
Pot is split for 1st 2nd 3rd places getting 70% 20% 10%
Paid entry is £10 per team payable by PayPal only
my paypal address is johnpaul.knight@ntlworld.com
Last edited by jpk on 10 Nov 2018, 09:17, edited 1 time in total.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Re: monthly comp

Post by CBN »

Sounds amazing. Will definitely join!

Gotta be honest, it’ll be a bit strange playing something competently run :lol:

Will you just use seasonal starting prices or real time prices?

leethomas
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: mini cup winner, joint top overall Euro phase winner 15/16, runner up fiso weekly league 15/16 16/17 weekly winner 16/17 2k head to head winner 16/17 fiso iso league winner 16/17 lwdt hardly mr average winner 16/17

Post by leethomas »

id be in jp. let me know where to sign up :D

Blademan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 5k weekly winner 2017
BIG BALLS WINNER PROBABLY

Post by Blademan »

I’m in , let me know if you need any PC help

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

jpk wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 17:13 I'm thinking about setting up a monthly competition based on DT games, players and scoring

Simply put, you can enter as many teams as you want every month paid or not, only paid teams can win a prize which would be based on number of paid entrants
e.g. 1st 70%, 2nd 20%, 3rd 10% of pot
You can make 3 transfers at any time but lockouts would apply as in the main game
Each month would be an entirely new competition and you could join in/skip/quit at any time over the season

I'll probably set up a website to handle entry and transfers and automate it as much as possible, August will be free entry only so i can iron out any bugs and get all the features done. You'd register on that website and full results would be available there, it would probably be PayPal only to simplify that aspect

Full rules yet to be thought through e.g. entry cost, monthly cut off dates, tie breakers, limits on entry, viewing other teams, seeing others transfers etc

but I'm happy to take advice/suggestions on all fronts to make it as straightforward as possible
Will you be allowing Dublin based Multi' :cry: s

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

In for sure

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

100% would be in.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Dot wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 18:14
Only increases the pot Dot (poetry) if they enter, I’m all over this JP.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Blademan wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 17:58 I’m in , let me know if you need any PC help

Just spat my drink out :lol:

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

CBN wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 19:57

I just thought there must be some irony in there somewhere rather than being serious :lol:

wolviebob
FISOhead
FS Record: King(s) of LWDT 2015-16; 'King of LWDT' 2014-15LWDT 'Hardly Mr Average' 2014-15; Fading star...

Post by wolviebob »

brilliant idea - sounds interesting jpk. how about a weekly one two while youre at it :)

Blademan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 5k weekly winner 2017
BIG BALLS WINNER PROBABLY

Post by Blademan »

ronny10 wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 20:03
CBN wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 19:57

I just thought there must be some irony in there somewhere rather than being serious :lol:
Just a tad

superiorpinkham
Grumpy Old Man

Post by superiorpinkham »

Sounds impressive, should get a lot of interest I think.

MARTYNWOOD
Treebeard
FS Record: Daily Star winner 2013/14, 2 Daily Star monthlies, 1 Daily Mirror monthly.

Post by MARTYNWOOD »

That's brilliant, appreciate you taking it on. Definitely count me in.... i'm sure it will be very popular.

Miles_T
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Miles_T »

Yes please!

Magic Plums
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Winner 16/17 backlash league

Post by Magic Plums »

Up for it :!:

jpk
Dumbledore

Post by jpk »

http://dtmon.azurewebsites.net/

I’m about half way through developing the site but please go ahead and test it out

You need to register to participate and it’s all free to enter at the moment. I’ll add some polish (including spell checking) over the next few days and hope to be able to launch properly for September

Rules are currently 3 transfers per month at any time but lock out on each match day before first kickoff

New teams need to be entered for each month player prices are fixed

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

Backlash wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 19:10
Dot wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 18:14
Only increases the pot Dot (poetry) if they enter, I’m all over this JP.
It’s the Chinese you need to look out for sleuth 🕵️‍♂️

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

What do I put in the months ID box?

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Backlash wrote: 04 Aug 2018, 10:28 What do I put in the months ID box?

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Solid

Post by gutshot »

great stuff :)

jpk
Dumbledore

Post by jpk »

I've done a couple of tweaks, there's some dummy score data on the site at the moment so i can test out transfers and league tables so if you enter a team you will find it's already started scoring/ I'll reset this back when the season starts.

For august I'll let this run as is with everyone able to enter as many teams as they want, no entry fee and no prizes, you can also join at any time if you want to try it out mid month. For September I'll introduce payment options and again you can enter as many as you want, free or paid where only paid teams compete for the pot.
Not sure on entry fee yet, but need to strike a balance between making it affordable and making the pot worth competing for (maybe £2 per team)

I've found by building this that i can obviously implement whatever rules i want, and it has led to a couple of thoughts:
There can be multiple types of game running on the site, e.g. a game where you can only max 3 from each club, a game with reduced/increased budget, many more formation/transfer options, ability to hide your team from the public(not from me though :wink: ), it could possibly be used to help automate many of our side games here on Fiso DT

For this monthly competition the current rules are

Player prices are fixed at season start prices
3 Transfers per month, transfers can be made at any time and take effect at next day's earliest kickoff(or same day if before first kick off)
Teams are not public
4-3-3 formation only
You need to enter new teams for every month, old teams stop scoring when the month ends
A month is 1st of the month to last day of the calendar month inclusive, so can and will span season gameweeks

Jok57
FISOhead
FS Record: 11th overall OFL Classic 2014/15. Ist Fiso league OFL 2016/17.2nd Cheap as chips 2017/18.( by 1 point).

Post by Jok57 »

Yes please
Many thanks

jpk
Dumbledore

monthly comp

Post by jpk »

Reminder, you enter using the below link, register then enter as many teams as you want

http://dtmon.azurewebsites.net/

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gutshot »

jpk wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 17:53 I've done a couple of tweaks, there's some dummy score data on the site at the moment so i can test out transfers and league tables so if you enter a team you will find it's already started scoring/ I'll reset this back when the season starts.

For august I'll let this run as is with everyone able to enter as many teams as they want, no entry fee and no prizes, you can also join at any time if you want to try it out mid month. For September I'll introduce payment options and again you can enter as many as you want, free or paid where only paid teams compete for the pot.
Not sure on entry fee yet, but need to strike a balance between making it affordable and making the pot worth competing for (maybe £2 per team)

I've found by building this that i can obviously implement whatever rules i want, and it has led to a couple of thoughts:
There can be multiple types of game running on the site, e.g. a game where you can only max 3 from each club, a game with reduced/increased budget, many more formation/transfer options, ability to hide your team from the public(not from me though :wink: ), it could possibly be used to help automate many of our side games here on Fiso DT

For this monthly competition the current rules are

Player prices are fixed at season start prices
3 Transfers per month, transfers can be made at any time and take effect at next day's earliest kickoff(or same day if before first kick off)
Teams are not public
4-3-3 formation only
You need to enter new teams for every month, old teams stop scoring when the month ends
A month is 1st of the month to last day of the calendar month inclusive, so can and will span season gameweeks
Great news👍🏻

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Could even have a comp where you have to have Wanyama 8-)

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gutshot »

CBN wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 19:20 Could even have a comp where you have to have Wanyama 8-)
:lol:

Miles_T
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Miles_T »

Looking good. Just added a test team. This could take off!!

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

I've entered a team but it's not showing on the league table not sure I've done it right

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

jpk
Dumbledore

Post by jpk »

August week 1 update
Jules facing a potential ban for taking advantage of my lax swear filter
league1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”