To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

World Cup Day 4 - In Play

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
mysteryshopper
FISOhead

Re: World Cup Day 4 - In Play

Post by mysteryshopper »

RickyRosa wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 22:09
Debaser666 wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 21:43
mysteryshopper wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 21:12 I think a lot of Uruguay blocks have daisy chained blocks with no success with all the big guns conceding so far. Some smart players have kept hold of their blocks which could be a great move if they then have another clean sheet which could end anyone with a block from Brazil, France, Spain, Germany, Brazil as i reckon many will then jump blocks onto the big teams. I went shit or bust on 10 Belgium blocks so not too bad yet but i dont have much scope for daisy chaining with them playing near the end of each round.

I have two teams with Uruguay blocks + Ronaldo. Also a mixture of Pogba/Griezmann/Aguero/Eriksen/Neymar etc etc. and I'm still 40odd points off the top. The teams at the top must be burning transfers for fun. Like someone said before though you need a flawless game and and incredible amount of luck to be anywhere near the money at the end.
You don't.

I was no where near the top when I turned my mediocre team into a Real one or my mediocre team into a Portugal team because I knew that I was behind so all I could do was be different and chase.

I fully agree there are a 1,000 or so Uruguay @ Russian blocks who could be controlling the game, I have two of them however and can assure you I'm not controlling anything, just making mistakes (neymar aside today).

I think all or at least most the teams will, including the guys at the top with there Russian/urugiuan hybrids will eventually make mistakes.

Even the players who don't potentially make any sub optimal plays can potentially be outdone by a result like Mexico v Germany today.
So many ways to still be in the chase.Those Uruguay blocks have a great advantage and would imagine they all take alot of obvious transfers from here. I dont imagine a high flying team changing blocks to a small team but those in the chasing pack who are far behind will take those risks which often pay off. I also think its still possible to win without Ronaldo's 28 pts if you take the right risks at the right time.

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

leethomas wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 21:45
Biddles32 wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 21:34 Remember Uruguay have Saudis next (who lost 5 nil to Russia :lol: )
I know mate, lookin at draw, one half cud have a load o top rated teams in, cud be very open in other half.
It’s actually a good thing Brazil, Germany and France have conceded as I feel less pressure to change my Uruguay block in the first round of fixtures now. Glad I’ve held my nerve. As I’ve said before not convinced Belgium or England will make semis so jumping onto them could be a mistake.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Another bonus about the Spain, Argentina, Germany and Brazil results is they’re unlikely to be able to rest players for the third game.

leethomas
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: mini cup winner, joint top overall Euro phase winner 15/16, runner up fiso weekly league 15/16 16/17 weekly winner 16/17 2k head to head winner 16/17 fiso iso league winner 16/17 lwdt hardly mr average winner 16/17

Post by leethomas »

Looking like it could very easily be brazil v germany in last 16. Fancied brazil to win tourney at start and still do but swaying towards Spain too now to reach final.

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: SDT JM ELITE LEAGUE CHAMPION 2021

Post by Redrum2 »

shakermeister wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 12:53
Redrum2 wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 12:23
shakermeister wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 12:07 Anyone starting Jesus this evening worried about his game time and possibly sharing duties with Firminho ?
Neymar more expensive but the better option ?
Will Paulinho play further forward and out wide as he has done before the last friendly ?
Werner better option thanJesus maybe ?
Mmmmmm :roll:
Neymar’s lack of competitive fitness to me is a concern. Not a straightforward pick for myself, also thinking will he be rested for the final group game. As Brazil’s talisman, he will be under pressure to perform. Will he be tightly marked like Messi yesterday? Messi not happy at Iceland tactics.

Jesus is not in the world class bracket (yet) but is the cheaper option that does allow me greater flexibility for future transfers. He has a decent goalscoring record for Brazil.

The high ownership (and likely to increase before kick-off) and set piece duties of Neymar makes it dangerous to go without him though. Plenty to ponder.

Werner I don't know much about and I generally prefer to see players I select in action. So will watch the Germany match and then decide whether to bring Werner in later on or not at all.
Nice to have you back commenting pal :D . I Could have done with your insight last season :roll:
Think you're spot on there . I think it has been reported Neymar game time will be managed . It's just that
his free roaming role and as you say all his other strings that are a worry ...

My insight is no good. Get more decisions wrong than right. :oops: Went with Jesus. :cry:

plevna1963
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: John Morrison Elite League 14/15 22nd 15/16 8th Europa League 15/16 8th Sundreamteam 2015/16 Weekly Winner Top 100 / Fiso Euro 2016 (Fra) 2nd. Xmas League (2) 2016/2017
John Morrison Elite League March Monthly Winner 2016/17

Post by plevna1963 »

leethomas wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 22:43 Looking like it could very easily be brazil v germany in last 16. Fancied brazil to win tourney at start and still do but swaying towards Spain too now to reach final.
If Sweden win today (it wont be easy v S.Korea) i think Germany will struggle to get out of group.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

plevna1963 wrote: 18 Jun 2018, 10:49
leethomas wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 22:43 Looking like it could very easily be brazil v germany in last 16. Fancied brazil to win tourney at start and still do but swaying towards Spain too now to reach final.
If Sweden win today (it wont be easy v S.Korea) i think Germany will struggle to get out of group.
The last time Germany lost their first game, they reached the final. Typical German.

TKDTrev
FISOhead

Post by TKDTrev »

I’m shifting on either two of my German defenders or two of my Brazilians to Belgium for a couple of games. Who has more clean sheet potential out of Brazil and Germany?

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won 3 works games plus Euro and works cup , usually finishing in top 3

Post by shakermeister »

I'd stick with whatever plan you started with . The games so far have shown us anything is possible . Personally in these group stages switching players on the fly is never the best idea !

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won 3 works games plus Euro and works cup , usually finishing in top 3

Post by shakermeister »

Mind you I'm no expert with 22 points :cry:

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: SDT JM ELITE LEAGUE CHAMPION 2021

Post by Redrum2 »

shakermeister wrote: 18 Jun 2018, 14:59 Mind you I'm no expert with 22 points :cry:
Hope you got more points today, me up to a ton now.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”