To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Robertson.

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
Eckerslike
Treebeard

Robertson.

Post by Eckerslike »

At 2.8 currently Robertson looks a bargain. How does his game time stack up against the threat of Moreno coming back in?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: Robertson.

Post by murf »

Unanswerable as nobody knows Klopp's thinking on who is number 1.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Robertson is currently number 1.
Will he play every game until the end of the season? No.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Zimmerman wrote: 26 Feb 2018, 17:41 Robertson is currently number 1.
How can you be sure?

He wasn't when Moreno was fit and Moreno is now back. I'd have Robertson in, as would most Liverpool fans - but then again we'd have said that in Autumn when Moreno was number 1!

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Moreno did a good job when he was in, he stayed in.

Robertson has done a good job since he’s come in.
Good enough that you don’t hanker after someone else to replace him. It’s not like Moreno offers a marked difference (a lot would say Robertson is a definite improvement... my opinion is that it’s marginal).

Only slight negative in my presumption is that Robertson contribution in the final third can be wasteful. It could be that Klopp wants more consistency offensively (which is what Liverpool predominantly do).

I’m guessing Robertson starts 70% of the remaining games.

Lfcni1986
Treebeard
FS Record: 0

Post by Lfcni1986 »

Zimmerman wrote: 26 Feb 2018, 17:51 Moreno did a good job when he was in, he stayed in.

Robertson has done a good job since he’s come in.
Good enough that you don’t hanker after someone else to replace him. It’s not like Moreno offers a marked difference (a lot would say Robertson is a definite improvement... my opinion is that it’s marginal).

Only slight negative in my presumption is that Robertson contribution in the final third can be wasteful. It could be that Klopp wants more consistency offensively (which is what Liverpool predominantly do).

I’m guessing Robertson starts 70% of the remaining games.
What you think about Milner Zimmerman? Classed as defender even though starts in midfield, takes pens and is an attacking threat. Changing him from Alonso leaves me money for upgrade from B.Silva to likes of Eriksen/Firmino

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Usually top of my works/pub lges(50/60 entries)most seasons.
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Post by lfc71 »

One ive been thinking about,when i googled Andy Robertson (for info's sake) the feedback i got from the recent writeups(tabloids/ex players) was quite encouraging tbh.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Milner seems to be in favour at the moment (has he started 5 of the last 6)?

Iisted as a defender, playing in midfielder. I don’t think he’s on penalties anymore. Think he’s under real risk now that Henderson is got again.

That said, he put in an immense performance on Saturday. Was real ‘running through brick walls for the cause’ stuff from Milner. Think Klopp loves he’s personality/professionalism he’s just not as good as Can or Wijnaldum. Plus there is Henderson and the Ox vying for a place.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

lfc71 wrote: 26 Feb 2018, 20:09 One ive been thinking about,when i googled Andy Robertson (for info's sake) the feedback i got from the recent writeups(tabloids/ex players) was quite encouraging tbh.
He has been playing well... but being objective about it, his all round game (or more specifically his attacking play) isn’t quite matching his work rate and desire. I think a lot of people are getting carried away and mistaking desire for quality.

He’s good, he’s doing a very good job, he’s better than Moreno. He’s not (yet) the complete full back.

Eckerslike
Treebeard

Post by Eckerslike »

Your comment that he's better than Moreno is interesting. If Klopp is coming to the same conclusion then that could indicate a preference towards him. The problem with full backs for any of the premium teams is the risk of rotation. Would any of the Liverpool fans double up on defenders? I.e. V.Dijk and Robertson?

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won 3 works games plus Euro and works cup , usually finishing in top 3

Post by shakermeister »

Probably take Sanchez from Tottenham over one of those . Liverpool still leaky :roll:

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Post by lfc71 »

shakermeister wrote: 27 Feb 2018, 00:18 Probably take Sanchez from Tottenham over one of those . Liverpool still leaky :roll:
Another one i'm looking at putting in (took him out a while back).....but how safe is he (from rotation) with Alderviereld on his way back??

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Liverpool kept a clean sheet in 39% of games
Spurs 44%
City 44%
Chelsea 45%
United 56%

Factor in Spurs have played Newport twice, Rochdale and Wimbledon in the FA Cup and not a million times better than Liverpool.

Games (clean sheets)
United 41 (23)
Chelsea 44 (20)
City 43 (19)
Spurs 41 (18)
Liverpool 38 (15)
Arsenal 41 (16)
Burnley 31 (11)

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

I think Robertson is great short term especially for his price but if you have the extra 0.6 you’d definately go Van Dijk. Gomez has lost his place to Trent Alexander recently, I know this is partly due to his injury but I can see Moreno coming back in at some point too. And as someone has already said all the top full backs are getting rotated with the exception of Walker and Valencia.

Then the other thing is if you have Van dijk already do you double up with Robertson. Not for me. I’d definately rather double up with Man U, Spurs, Man c and Chelsea ahead of Liverpool.

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won 3 works games plus Euro and works cup , usually finishing in top 3

Post by shakermeister »

lfc71 wrote: 27 Feb 2018, 08:51
shakermeister wrote: 27 Feb 2018, 00:18 Probably take Sanchez from Tottenham over one of those . Liverpool still leaky :roll:
Another one i'm looking at putting in (took him out a while back).....but how safe is he (from rotation) with Alderviereld on his way back??
He was fit but injured again though suspicions over his future ...

https://www.football.london/tottenham-h ... y-14328795

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man

Post by lfc71 »

shakermeister wrote: 27 Feb 2018, 11:01
lfc71 wrote: 27 Feb 2018, 08:51
He was fit but injured again though suspicions over his future ...

https://www.football.london/tottenham-h ... y-14328795
Cheers👍

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”