To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Is LUKAKU going to start?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
Donkinjames
Treebeard

Is LUKAKU going to start?

Post by Donkinjames »

Iv been switching my team all week and I want Lukaku in so badly but I can't see him starting. Even though he's a machine and scored loads pre season I can see Torres still starting.

Any Chelsea fans have any info on him starting?

WNP
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 4th in Dream Team Weekly Seasonal 14/15. Winner of week 12 Dream Team Weekly 14/15

Re: Is LUKAKU going to start?

Post by WNP »

I'd wait, its only 3 games til TW1, can always bring him in then if it looks like he'll get time.

Donkinjames
Treebeard

Post by Donkinjames »

O can't decide on my 3rd striker then. Struggle between dzeko or michu

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

He should start the first game, not certain about the second and would in no way guarantee his spot as a regular starter. The one thing going for him is his similarity to Drogba whom Mourinho made basically.

Groomyd
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Groomyd »

Not a chance

arsene doesn't know
Grumpy Old Man

Post by arsene doesn't know »

I can't see it either, Torres to start for me.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

arsene doesn't know wrote:I can't see it either, Torres to start for me.
I don't think the stats would agree with that. During pre-season Torres played a touch more minutes and they scored zero goals with him on the pitch. They scored 5 I believe while Lukaku was playing.

kyllerbuzcut
Red & Blue Braces

Post by kyllerbuzcut »

Torres not scoring much hasn't led to him being dropped in the whole time he's been at Chelsea. Rather it is the manager who has gone instead. I think we need to wait and see the evidence first based on that statistic. TW1 isn't far off. If Lukaku starts more/the same as Torres then it might be worth a shot then. Otherwise he'll be sat frustrated on the bench, looking on as Torres makes another sitter, game after game after game. With Mourinho looking up at the directors box for a nod to say he's allowed to bring Torres off now.

Mourinho's arrival COULD mean that kind of thing wont happen any more, and perhaps Abramovic has now decided to allow his managers to just get on and win things. But I don't think we can say that for sure. Not yet anyway.

Lukaku will get a chance in the capitol mouse cup and some other games, and maybe come on as a sub in a bunch of games, so could score a half decent amount of goals. I'd much rather have a definite starter in the team though.

Have you thought about some of the new guys for the first round of games? You never know- they could prove to be amazing and by having them early it could give you a jump start on everyone else. I'm talking about Van Wolfswinkel, Bony and Soldado for example. If they don't work out then you haven't lost much and will have been able to spend extra on the rest of your team. If they do work out then you've got a jump start on everyone else.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”